Friday, September 19, 2014

Bhindi Jaipuri : crispy fried okra

Jaipuri bindi, i tasted this recipes for the first my at a friend's sister's wedding they were from Rajasthan. I loved it so much. These crispy spicy okras are sinful as they are deep fried. Today when, I open the fridge and saw lady's fingers or okras the image of the dish flashes in front of my eyes and I decided against my no deep frying resolution and made this dish.

Ingredients :

Lady's fingers or okra : 100gms
Gram flour ( besan) : 1/2 cup
Chilli powder: 1tsp
Cumin powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder (dry mango powder) : 1 tsp
Fennel : 1tsp
Onion seeds (kalonji) : 1 tsp
Garam masala : 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste


Method:
  1. Wash and dry the okra
  2. cut the ends and slit in the middle 
  3. Mix all the dry ingredients 
  4. Add the mixture to the okra, add few tsps of water so that the spices stick to okra
  5. And keep them aside for an hour. This acts like a marinade, 
  6. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the okra
  7. Serve crispy okra with rotis or rice 

No comments:

Post a Comment